Universal S8 represents the next generation in portable ultrasound, offering veterinary practices the features and functionality of a large cart-based system in a mobile, go-anywhere package.
At only 19 pounds, the S8 has been designed in a new powerful, lightweight architecture to better meet high-performance imaging requirements. From volumetric 4D with superior rendering capabilities, to cardiovascular exams including multiplane transesophageal echocardiography (TEE), the superior imaging and ease-of-use performance delivers outstanding value. DICOM® worklist, store and print are all standard.
By making patient diagnosis more accurate and affordable, the S8 sets new standards in leading-edge imaging performance for veterinary ultrasound.
Universal S8 Veterinary Ultrasound Features
The latest advance in Speckle Reduction Technology reduces noise while increasing border definition and diagnostic confidence. View image.
Universal S8’s Multi-Parameter Compound Imaging technology combines multiple coplanar images captured from different beam angles to form an integrated image. View image.
This technology significantly increases the field of view for both linear and convex probes, making veterinary ultrasound diagnosis easier. Universal S8 offers Tissue Harmonic Imaging to improve contrast resolution, reduce noise and clutter, improve lateral resolution, reduce slice thickness, reduce artifacts and, in many instances, improve signal-to-noise ratio. View image.
With the help of special features, the S8 full cardiac package allows the user to evaluate and perform cardiac calculations easier. The Color Doppler sensitivity allows you to visualize even the smallest cardiac dysfunction quickly to ensure a proper cardiac assessment. View image.
Automatic Tissue Optimization Technology (ATO) and M-Tuning
Automatic Tissue Optimization Technology (ATO) and M-Tuning (one-button scanning) automatically adjusts parameters to display the optimal image quality for the type of tissue being imaged.
• 15” LCD monitor with oversized imaging area
• 2D (B & M mode) with harmonic imaging
• Color Flow Imaging, Pulsed Wave – Spectral Doppler, Steerable Continuous Wave Doppler, Power Doppler
• Real-Time volumetric 4D imaging
• Advanced cardiac package including Multi-Plane TEE/TOE and Advanced Tissue Doppler Imaging (TDI)
• High Q Noise Filter Technology (HQNF)
• Native-Resolution-Scan-Converter Technology (NRSC)
• Multi-Beams Process Technology (MBP)
• Tissue Harmonic Imaging
• MicroScan™ imaging technology (noise and artifact reduction algorithm)
• Steerable M-Mode
• Super High-Density Ultrasound Transducers technology
• Bi-plane transrectal imaging
• Panoramic imaging
• Endocavitary imaging with extended field of view
• Hot key functions on operating panel
• Hot swap transducers (up to 512 HD transducers with frequency range from 1.9 to 15 MHz)
• DICOM® worklist, store and print are all standard